Location: enGenes Biotech, Vienna, AT
Supervisor Dr Juergen Mairhofer
The research will involve bioprocess development for the scalable production of different lectins in Escherichia coli. enGenes Biotech has developed a proprietary technology that allows decoupling of cell growth from recombinant protein synthesis by using an engineered Escherichia coli host cell chassis. Within this project the ESR will work with different lectins used within the consortium, will develop manufacturing processes in different working scales (1L up to 20L) and will characterize the host cell response to conceptualize strategies for host cell engineering to finally obtain improved production strains based on enGenes-X-press technology. The work will combine state-of-the-art molecular biology with bioprocess engineering and will train the ESR within these relevant fields.
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a Diploma and/or a Master Degree in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, microbiology, applied microbiology or similar field of study.
- Have less than 4 years research experience at the signature of the contract (measured from the time the Master’s degree has been obtained).
- Not have a PhD already.
- Not have resided or carried out main activity in Austria for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written / proficiency level)
- Experience with Upstream/Downstream processing, Bioreactor cultivations, expression and purification of recombinant proteins, molecular biology
The ESR will be contractually employed by enGenes Biotech and will receive a Monthly Living Allowance plus a Mobility Allowance compliant with the applicable EC Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-ITN general conditions.
Candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of at least 3 references by e-mail to email@example.com indicating reference SYNBIOCARB ESR15 in the subject.
The deadline for application is 07/01/2019