Location: GLYcoDiag, Orléans, FR
Supervisor Dr Ludovic Landemarre
The research will involve the development of a lectin chip covering the detection of the major undesirable glycan structures in therapeutic glycoproteins to allow real-time monitoring and control. We will clone, express and purify several lectins that have been reported in the literature to present the specificity toward glycan epitopes that may rise to unwanted immune response in production of glycosylated biopharmaceutical. Technology for biosensors will be investigated with partners.
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a Diploma and/or a Master Degree in biochemistry/organic chemistry. Previous knowledge or experience in glycobiology is desirable.
- Have less than 4 years research experience at the signature of the contract (measured from the time the Master’s degree has been obtained).
- Not have a PhD already.
- Not have resided or carried out main activity in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written / proficiency level)
- A particular experience and/or interest for applied research and working in environment of small biotech company would be an advantage.
The ESR will be contractually employed by GLYcoDiag and will be covered under the social security scheme. He or she will receive a Monthly Living Allowance plus a Mobility Allowance compliant with the applicable EC Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-ITN general conditions.
Candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of at least 3 references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating reference ITN1810-ESR14 in the subject.
The deadline for application is February 28th 2019.